National Leadership Council
ROLE AND IMPACT
The National Leadership Council (NLC) advocates for grantmaking for individual artists by bringing expertise, support, and resources to USA artists, staff and Board of Trustees. Representatives from states across the country are invited to serve as ambassadors by working with USA’s staff and Board to build awareness for the organization and to promote USA within their personal and professional networks. Members of the NLC provide valuable unrestricted support, and serve as pipeline for future Trustee positions and Fellows Awards support. NLC play a critical role in helping USA achieve its mission and goals, while networking with equally committed leaders and philanthropists across the country.
NLC SUPPORT AND MEMBERSHIP
Through their personal annual support of a minimum of $10,000, NLC members ensure USA’s fundamental grantmaking, Artists Assembly, and artist nominating, review and selection process.
Candidates for membership will be nominated for election into the National Leadership Council by a member of the USA Board of Trustees, President and CEO, USA Fellows, panelists, or another NLC member. Members are invited to serve for a term of one year with the option to be renewed for future term.
- Invitation to the annual USA Artists Assembly
- Opportunity to engage directly with USA Artists and Fellows; attend artists presentations, experience the local arts and cultural scene and participate in discussions and forums on timely and vital issues facing artists today
- Recognition in the Fellows Celebration program and video and post-Assembly video
- Attend a Donor and Board-exclusive event at the Assembly
- Attend a joint meeting with the Board (or select Board members) to discuss activities and listen to ideas
- Opportunity to suggest nominators to USA
- Regular e-communication from USA about USA Fellows’ activities and assistance with gaining special access to Fellows’ performances and events throughout the country
- Opportunity to attend an exclusive artist event outside of the Assembly for USA donors and the USA Board
- Opportunity to host a donor cultivation reception in your city in conjunction with a USA Board member
- Opportunity to host USA Board meetings and Artists Assembly when they come to your community
- Recognition in all USA publications/newsletters and on the USA website
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org