AddressUnited States Artists
200 West Madison Street, Fl 3
Chicago, IL 60606
For press inquiries, contact: Hunter Braithwaite, Cultural Counsel
- The Gallery Where Stevie Wonder Was a Regular: Linda Goode Bryant discusses her career — from art dealer to urban farmer — with the artist Senga Nengudi.
T Magazine: 7/2/20
- What Artist Cauleen Smith Can’t Live Without
by Cauleen Smith as told to Jenna Milliner-Waddell for the Strategist: 2/25/20
- Place and Persistence: Hanif Abdurraqib and Matthew Angelo Harrison in Conversation
Cultured Magazine: 1/25/20
- Martine Syms and Melvin Edwards Among United States Artists Grant Award Winners
by Helen Holmes for Observer: 1/22/20
- Inaugural Berresford Prize Honors Behind-the-Scenes Work in the Arts
by Peter Libbey for The New York Times: 3/14/19
- Prize-Winning Curator Kristy Edmunds Discusses How She Helps Artists Realize Visionary Work
- It Takes Many Non-Artists to Make Great Art Possible. That’s Why Our Organization Is Launching a New Award for Administrators.
by Deana Haggag and Lynnette Miranda for Artnet: 3/14/19
- United States Artists Names 2019 Fellows, Including Firelei Báez, Wu Tsang, and Cecilia Vicuña
by Alex Greenberger for ARTNEWS: 1/22/19
- Simone Leigh, Juliana Huxtable, and Wu Tsang Are Among the 45 Artists Awarded $50,000 Each From United States Artists
by Taylor Dafoe for artnet news: 1/22/19
- 2018 USA Fellow Interview Series
by Willa Köerner for The Creative Independent: 2018
- For Artists, the Thrill of Grant Money Arrives with a 'Now What'?
by Ted Loos for The New York Times: 3/13/18
- Meet the 30-Year-Old CEO Who's Turning Arts Philanthropy on Its Head
by Ted Loos for Departures: 9/19/17
- A Little-Known Award Program That Backed Barry Jenkins Is Changing Artists' Lives
by Tess Thackara for Artsy: 4/12/17
- Meet the Woman Leading the Fight to Protect the Arts in Trump's America
by Rebecca Bengal for Vogue: 4/10/17
- What Do Artists Spend Money On?
by Artspace Editors for Artspace: 4/10/17
United States Artists (USA) is a national arts funding organization headquartered in Chicago, IL. We raise money and redistribute resources to the country’s most compelling artists and cultural practitioners. We focus on supporting and centering individual artists through unrestricted awards, professional services, and content development.
Each year we award up to fifty USA Fellowships and one Berresford Prize. USA Fellowships are annual $50,000 unrestricted awards recognizing the most compelling artists working and living in the United States at every stage of their career. Fellowships are given in the following disciplines: Architecture & Design, Craft, Dance, Film, Media, Music, Theater & Performance, Traditional Arts, Visual Art, and Writing. The Berresford Prize is an unrestricted $25,000 award given annually to a cultural practitioner who has contributed significantly to the advancement, well-being, and care of artists in society.
In addition to our own award programs, we administer a range of fellowships through our initiatives on behalf of foundations, philanthropists, and field partners seeking to develop programs that support individual artists. We are currently administering Artist Relief, Disability Futures, and the Knight Arts + Tech Fellowship.
Our rigorous nomination and panel selection processes can take up to an entire year to complete. Artists are anonymously nominated to apply by a diverse and rotating group of arts professionals. Applications are then reviewed by panels tailored specifically for each award or initiative, who select the finalists. At this time, there is not an open application or nomination process for any of our awards or initiatives.
Unwavering support is critical as our field fights to protect artists in a moment of economic uncertainty. USA is funded by a broad range of philanthropic foundations, companies, and individuals committed to cultivating contemporary culture in the United States. Learn more about our funders here.
USA is seeking to hire one Staff Accountant to join its Finance team.
The staff accountant provides support to the USA team as needed with budget planning and monitoring, grant reconciliation and reporting, maintaining financial procedures, and confirming financial compliance to GAAP in producing the organization’s reports and statements.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Finance Director and works collaboratively with colleagues across all departments.
Please view the document linked below for a complete job description.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Staff Accountant: [your name]” in the subject line of the email.Application